Total Pageviews

5/23/14

Walk With Me While I Grow Older





Walk with me - While I grow older,
Hold my hand, - And brace my shoulder.
The strength of your arm - Will steady my pace
As I’m nearing the end - Of this amazing race.
 And if you will listen, - While I talk,
I’ll tell you secrets - As we walk.
So listen carefully, - As I speak,
Cuz the things I’ve learned - Are treasures to keep.
 Now, life’s goes up, - And life goes down,
But life gives diamonds - If you’ll look around.
 Like, watching a kitten - Chase a pup,
And watching your children - As they grow up.
 And do the things - You say you’ll do,
So that your friends - Can depend on you.
And silver and gold, - I have learned,
Are not as important - As the things you’ve earned.
And take the time - To draw and sing,
And do a dance - Every spring.
Learn to be gentle, - And share your cup,
And hold out your hand - To help someone up.
 And learn from today - A better tomorrow,
And learn that joy - Will follow sorrow.

 So, walk with me - While I grow older,
As my days grow short - And the air grows colder.
And ...
 If you remember my words, - As YOU grow older,
I’ll always be here, - Looking over your shoulder.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness the words are absolutely beautiful as I feel them from my heart. Thank you.
    Sincerely,
    Frances. Flores

    ReplyDelete